Upcoming Classes & Events
Basic Childbirth Education
Date & Time:
PUSH San Diego
4002 Park Blvd Suite E
San Diego CA 92103
$149 per couple.
Having a baby? Spend 3 hours now, and save countless more during labor and delivery! When you understand the birthing process, you can work WITH the natural intelligence and design of your body. This is everything you need to know in order to let go of pain, fear, and tension. Set yourself up for an empowered, satisfying, and relaxing birth experience with this powerful childbirth education class! Deb Davies is a licensed acupuncturist, birth doula, and doctoral candidate, and a recognized leader in the San Diego birth community.
- Preparing for the birth of your baby
- Understanding your laboring body, &
- Making your hormones work for you during labor
- Dispelling fears or misconceptions of birth
- Involving your partner in the birth
- Learning to trust your body
- Supporting yourself with the best possible birth team
- Packing essentials for the birth center/hospital
- Breathing techniques that support natural or medicated births
- Creating empowering birth/after birth plans
We will have a fun practical portion involving your partner and various positions for labor & delivery, comfort measures including massage, acupressure, rebozo and the use of birth balls.
Please bring a birth ball or any pillows for additional comfort.